Thursday 2 June 2016

Prodigals

For those parents who struggle with their prodigals. 

I watch from a distance, and this is the start -
My prodigal child, you are breaking my heart.
You're finding your own way; what will it take
To see what you're doing and slam on the brakes?
Decisions you're making, the friends that you choose,
It's all going to end with you battered and bruised.
And yet I can't help you, I have to let go,
And where life will take you, God only knows.
I see the destruction that's coming your way
And all I can do is just fall down and pray
That God would deliver you, ransom your soul,
Grant you salvation and then make you whole.
Without Him, it's hopeless, and yet you don't see
Sin has you captive, you'll never be free,
You're locked in its grasp, you succumbed to its charms
But all it will do is bring heartbreak and harm.
I beg you to listen to someone who knows
I've stood where you're standing, I know how this goes,
But God, He had mercy, and opened my eyes,
To sin's empty promises, darkness and lies.
You're a treasure, my child, my gift from above,
And one day you'll realise how much you're loved.
Thank God, He delivers, redeems and restores
What the locust has eaten and then so much more
His mercy is deep and his grace knows no bounds
Though you're lost, it's my prayer, that one day you'll be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment